About Us San Diego Physical Therapy
Moxey Physical Therapy, our San Diego physical therapy are experts at finding the cause of your symptoms and fixing the problem. Building on this treatment, the patient is trained in five principles to enhance efficient posture, movement, and the automatic-not volitional-activation of the core stabilizers. These principles serve as a kinesthetic checklist for patients during daily activities such as sitting, running, and lifting. To complete this dynamic approach to active functional rehabilitation, our therapists train the patient in a progressive functional exercise program which addresses flexibility, coordination, strength, stability, and functional movement patterns. Here are a few questions you should ask when seeking a physical therapist in San Diego, CA.
- Where does your doctor go when s/he needs physical therapy?
- Where does your deductible get the most “bang for the buck”?
- Where do you get an entirely different treatment approach which gives hope?
At Moxey Physical Therapy, we use techniques that have been proven to work through research as well as employ cutting edge techniques. Our primary techniques are based on the Institute of Physical Art’s approach.
This approach, developed by Gregory Johnson, PT, FFCFMT and his wife Vicky Saliba Johnson, PT, FFCFMT, trains the therapist to directly correlate an evaluation of the patient’s base of support, alignment, and Lumbar Protective Mechanism to the patient’s motor activation and strength response.
We have the answers that can get you back to your daily activities. You probably have been to PT where your therapist sits and watches you exercise. We don’t consider that “physical therapy”—that is “activity.”
Why do People Choose MoxeyPT -Provides Unique, Innovative, and Exceptional Physical Therapy
- MoxeyPT-Provides unique, innovative, and exceptional care for complex orthopedic problems
- I am the “nerve guy” . ability to identify and improve neurologic pain syndromes that fail medical and surgical treatments.
- Word of mouth
- Individualized care longer than 20 minutes
- We listen to your story
- Ability to find the 1 “screw loose” that everyone else has missed
- Ability to relate and understand many different individuals
- Immense range of experience
- Live what I preach
- Expert in endurance sports of Triathlon and running from research and competitive elite running experience
Complimentary Injury Screening
Call 760.452.0960 to schedule your Injury Screen if you suffer from nagging pain that won’t resolve no matter what you have tried. You do not need a prescription for this service and only require one if you and your evaluating therapist determines physical therapy treatment would be beneficial.
Advanced Physical Therapy:Advanced manual therapy techniques fix your problem, not just massage your symptomatic areas. Often, our patients report their problem areas were not dealt with in previous therapy—“I was discharged from care even though I still hurt”.
We use a directed clinical reasoning process to determine the critical points of mechanical, neuromuscular, and motor control dysfunctions to be treated. Due to this high level of clinical reasoning, we are able to identify the root cause of your problem and rehabilitate it.We are a residency site for The Institute of Physical Art and have Certified Functional Manual Therapists on staff.
Moxey Physical Therapy Core Beliefs
Believe in rewarding yourself!
You are worthy!
Your potential is limitless!
Believe there are no boundaries!
You can have ice cream!
Believe your injuries DO NOT define your identity!
Believe that exercise can happen outside the gym!
Believe that everyone has an inner athlete!
Moxey Physical Therapy Skill Sets and specialties
- Certified Orthopedic Specialist, OCS
- Fellow of American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapist FAAOMPT
- Certified Functional Manual Therapist, CFMT
- Posture Specialist
- Chronic pain specialist
- Running Specialist
- Manual Therapy
- Therapeutic Exercise
- Core Facilitation and Training
- Myofacial release
- Functional release techniques
- Myofacial Decompression
- Graston Techniques
- Cosmetic Phsycial Therapy
- Scar Mobilization
- Deep Scaring Functional Release
- Gait Efficiency Analysis
- Specialized Functional Movement Analysis
- PhysioBike Fitting
- Running Efficiency
- Swim Efficiency
- Crossfit Motion Efficiency
- Golf Swing Efficiency
- Postural Assessments
- Ergonomic Assessment
- Neck and Low back pain
- Rotator cuff Injuries
- Chronic pain syndromes
- TMJ syndrome
- Pre and Post-op Orthopedic Surgeries
- ITB and Plantar Fasciitis
- Lumbar and Cervical Radiculopathies (pinched nerves)
- Spinal Disc injuries
- Common Sprains and Strains
- Adjunct Faculty at the University of Saint Augustine Physical Therapy School
- Poster Presenter for original research on Running Performance Enhancement to the International Federation of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapist
- Developed Return to Running Program for Athletes, Coaches, and Therapists